What Is Heaven Like?
by David J. Stewart | November 2015
Revelation 21:3-4, “And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.”
People foolishly believe a lot of things they see and hear on television (e.g., Oprah Winfrey), or read in a book by a New Age author (e.g., James Praagh), forming unbiblical conclusions that are untrue. May I say, not everything said by Jerry Springer is true! Thankfully, we have the omnipotent Words of God, teaching us about Heaven, and you can trust the inspired Words of God. What the Bible says is true! ...
- Heaven is a city measuring 1,500 miles wide, long and high (a cube). That would cover most of the United States and part of Canada and Mexico to fit. All of the saved from all humanity will be there.
- The city is encompassed by a 216-foot-high wall, made of jasper.
- 12 entrance gates, 3 on each of the four sides, each made of a single pearl.
- Heaven has 12 foundations, each of a different precious gem stone.
- The city is made of pure gold, crystal clear in it's 100% purest form, resembling glass.
- There's a beautiful river flowing from the throne of God, with fish.
- At the heart of the city is the glittering throne of God.
- There's a beautiful rainbow around God's throne with every color. Revelation 4:3, “And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald.”
- Before the throne of God are four Cherubim beasts who praise God continually.
- Heaven is a holy city, the house of God the Father. We are going to live in God's home. Amen, amen, amen!
- Only saved people or angels may enter into Heaven.
- We'll all be in the city of God and be very pleased to be there.
- Saints in Heaven know what's going on here on earth, but do not see our sins.
- Our loved ones in Heaven are awake (Hebrews 12:1 - “witnesses” see and hear something). They're not called “role models,” but “witnesses,” because they are watching us run the race from Heaven).
- The inhabitants of Heaven see, hear and interact. They have a life, eternal life. They are alive and alert.
- Saints in Heaven remember us (Samuel remembered Saul when he returned to pronounce judgment upon him, and Samuel knew what was going on here on earth. They were familiar with one another, nothing was erased; also, see Luke 15:7 - there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels; Luke 16:19-31 - Lazarus and Abraham recognized each other).
- We will recognize our loved ones in Heaven (Peter, James and John recognized Moses and Elijah on the Mount of Transfiguration; Saul and Samuel recognized each other; Mary recognized Jesus after He arose from the dead; the disciples recognized Jesus after His death).
- Our bodily imperfections will be made perfect in Heaven. There are no cripples in Heaven. There are no obese people. There's no wheelchairs. There's no deaf, dumb or blind in Heaven. Philippians 3:21 promises we shall receive a body fashioned like unto the Lords. Jesus ate and drank in His resurrected body. He ascended in the air, defying gravity. The Lord walked through walls, walked on water, spoke and is alive physically somewhere in the universe today (He bodily ascended from the earth in Acts 1:9-11).
- God is going to be with us. (the worst part about Hell is being separated from God. People in Hell realize what they have missed, and gnash in bitter regret and tears).
- God Himself will wipe away all tears. No more death. No more pain. No more crying and tears. No more sorrow.
- There's no night there, no darkness. The Lord's holiness lights the city. There's no need for candles or flashlights.
- There will be no more hunger pains. They will thirst and hunger no more. The food and drinks present are strictly for pleasure, without calories.
- There will be no need for a heating system. The Lord's presence will warm us in Heaven.
- There are mansions in Heaven, not cookie-cutter type homes. We will receive individualized mansions, with everything we need and want. Romans 8:32, “He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?” We will have everything we need and desire in Heaven!
- We will work in Heaven, serving God day and night. Work is enjoyable in Heaven, in pleasant conditions, without pressure or troublesome co-workers. Only perfect Christians live in Heaven in their glorified bodies. Our supervisor will be Jesus. In Heaven, the saints are as children, that is, loving, trusting, humble, pure, innocent and pleasant to be around. Jude 1:24, “Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy.” Because of the precious blood of Jesus, the saints have been justified, JUST-IF-I'D never sinned at all. What an awesome God!!!
- The gates are never closed. There are no creeps, thieves or shady characters in Heaven. The gates are open all the time. The saints leave their doors unlocked, because there are no locks on their doors, because there is no need for them. Can you imagine how beautiful it will be to live in such a place, that you don't even need locks on your car or home? God is beautiful!!!
- Our loved ones are alive and awake in Heaven. They will remember and recognize us, and we them.
- The awesomeness of Heaven is indescribable with human tongue.
- Heaven is a real, literal, physical, place.
Heaven is a wonderful PLACE!!! Here are but a few precious Scripture passages about Heaven . . .
Revelation 21:10-27, “And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal; And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel: On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.
And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof. And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.
And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel. And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.
And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald; The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst.
And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass. And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it. And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.”
Revelation 7:15-17, “Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them. They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat. For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.”
Revelation 22:1-6, “And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.”
The most beautiful thing about all of these Scriptures is that, like all Scripture, they are PROMISES from God. The entire Holy Bible is a book of PROMISES from God. Also, please read: Abiding In The Promises Of God. END
“Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised)” —Hebrews 10:23
love God who doesn't love sinners!”
(a quote by Dr. Jack Hyles classic MP3 sermon, “The Happiest Man” (happiest is the man who will not impute sin to others!)
Soulwinning.info | Recent Articles | Divided By Truth
If you believe what the Bible teaches, attend a church that teaches the Bible!
Another Gospel Which Is Not Another (a red-hot MP3 by Dr. Curtis Hutson exposing Lordship Salvation)
Ye Must Be Born Again!
You Need HIS Righteousness!
Believe The Gospel