The Invisible God
by David J. Stewart | December 2016 | Updated January 2017
1st Timothy 1:17, “Now unto the
King eternal, immortal,
invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.”
The Word of God acknowledges that God is invisible to the world, yet “the invisible things of him” are “clearly seen” by the things which are made. What invisible things does the Bible refer to? The Scripture tells us, “even His eternal power and Godhead.”
Romans 1:20-21, “For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.”
The omnipotent power of God is clearly seen when we gaze at the night stars and moon, the daytime sun, a mighty flowing river, a magnificent mountain, the grand ocean, a cheerful sparrow or the colors in a rainbow. God's omniscience is clearly seen in the Word of God, in the design of nature, in the human body which is fearfully and wonderfully made, under a microscope or through a telescope. God's omnipresence is seen all around us, in a secret place, in an open field, under the ocean, above the clouds, throughout the universe. My friend, “the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made.”
The word “understood” in Romans 1:20 means “to exercise the mind (observe), that is, (figuratively) to comprehend, heed.” By observing the things that are made, we comprehend God's power and Godhead. Everyone knows at some early point in life that there is a God. But if they fail to acknowledge God, and are unthankful for all His blessings, then their heart is darkened the Bible says (Romans 1:21). Therefore, there is no such thing as an atheist, only people who decide that they don't want to believe in God anymore. All atheists are self-made!
Here are some more Scriptures which teach that God is invisible. Notice in the following first Bible verse that Jesus created all things, both “visible and invisible” . . .
Colossians 1:15-16, “Who [Jesus Christ] is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him.”
1st Timothy 1:17, “Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.”
Hebrews 11:27, “By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.”
I love that last Bible verse. Moses saw “him who is invisible” and fled Egypt. Contrary to popular preaching, Moses didn't flee Egypt because he murdered an Egyptian, but because he saw “him who is invisible.” Moses saw the invisible God and wanted to serve Him!
No one has to choose to see the invisible God, we have to choose not to acknowledge (glorify) Him. Pastor Jack Hyles' saw the invisible God, which is what compelled him to faithfully preach for 55 years. I love the following sermon quote from Dr. Hyles . . .
“...little bunch of pantywaist, mama-called, papa-fed, seminary-bred, preachers running around the country, can't preach their way out of a wet paper-sack, that haven't got any courage at all. ... You sorry rascal you!” —Pastor Jack Hyles, a quote from the MP3 sermon, “Woe To The Land Whose King Is A Child!”
Amen! That quote immediately reminds me of all the independent Baptists today who've sold out to use the Devil's modern corrupt Bible versions. They're no longer fundamental. I'm an independent fundamental Baptist, but first and foremost a born-again Christian. You don't get to Heaven by being a Baptist, not one millimeter! You get to Heaven by placing your faith (trust) in the Lord Jesus Christ (believing that He died on the cross for your sins, was buried, and three days later bodily resurrected from the dead). That's “the Gospel” according to 1st Corinthians 15:1-4. You'd be shocked in you visit the website of most Baptist churches today. I am a Baptist, so I have a right to criticize my own camp. Sadly, I'd say at least have of all Baptists aren't genuine born-again Christians.
For example: Here is the shameful website of the American Baptist Convention. The group has changed their organization's name umpteen times over the past century. In 1950 they called themselves the American Baptist Convention. In 1972 they changed it again to the American Baptist Churches USA. The convention represents about 5,400 American churches. I looked at their website and they don't ask anybody if they want to get saved or go to Heaven. No, rather, they merely say, “Want to Follow Jesus?” Judas followed Jesus and is today burning in the fires of Hell forever. You don't get saved by “following Jesus,” you get saved by believing the Gospel. This is just one example of literally thousands I could show you, of the satanic heresy which has crept into the churches today. No wonder the holy Bible speaks of “Satan, which deceiveth the whole world” (Revelation 12:9). That sadly includes nearly all of the world's churches, who obviously are not true born-again believers.
I once worked with a good man over 25 years ago who didn't believe that the holy Bible is God's Word. At the time he was about twice my age. I was only in my early twenties then, working in a truck shop. I witnessed to him one day, and I'll never forget what he said to me... “Until God knocks on my door and says, 'This is My Word,' I won't believe it!” That is so sad. If a person doesn't believe the Bible, they cannot be saved. 1st Peter 1:23, “Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.” Notice that the Bible is the “seed” by which men are born-again. No one has ever been saved, except through faith in the Word of God (i.e., the Gospel). When someone tells me that they reject the holy Bible as being God's Word, I know immediately that they are not saved and on their way to Hell. That man that I worked with over 25 years ago, simply didn't want to believe the Bible.
Let me give you a few basic reasons WHY you should believe that the Holy Bible is God's inspired Word:
- IT'S ORIGIN - The Bible came to mankind in a miraculous way that no other book ever has. Approximately forty different men, most of whom never met each other, from varying educational and cultural backgrounds, penned the Bible over a period of 1,700 years. That in itself proves the divine origin of the Scripture. This is not a mere coincidence. God knew that men would question the authenticity of the Bible, so He gave it to humanity in such a way that it could easily be proven to be divine.
- IT'S CONTENT - There's not a book in existence that can even compare to the incredible content of the holy Bible. I am speaking about the beloved King James Bible. In sharp contrast, the modern perversions of the Scripture (and comic-book-like paraphrases) read like a bad joke. The Bible is a special Book, that men couldn't write if they would, and wouldn't if they could. No book on earth addresses the reality of sin, testifies of the precious Son of God, and accurately prophecies of future events. Many Biblical Messianic prophecies have already been fulfilled. There's not a book like the holy Bible, and never will be!
- IT'S IMPACT - No book ever written has had such a bold impact upon civilization as have the Scriptures. America was founded upon faith in the holy Bible as being God's Word. Our very calendar worldwide in based upon B.C. (before Christ) and A.D. (in the year of our Lord), straight from the holy Bible. Who could honestly deny the monumental impact of the holy Bible upon the world throughout history?
- IT'S REJECTION - No book in history has been as hated, fought against, and rejected as the holy Bible. Voltaire, the noted French infidel, who died in 1778, made his attempt to destroy the Bible. Why do atheists (who claim they do not believe in God) hate the inspired words of God so much? Go figure! Why do unsaved men so vehemently reject the holy Bible if it is not God's inspired Word? Clearly, there's something special about THE BOOK!!!
- IT'S INDESTRUCTIBLY - God promised in 1st Peter 1:25, “But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.” Please read the excellent article, “The Indestructibility Of The Bible.” John Lennon of The Beatles said “Christianity will go,” but he went and Christianity is still here! Countless evil men who burned every copy of the holy Bible they could find, but there are millions of copies of God's Word in the world today. Satan nor man will ever destroy the holy Bible. So what those evil men have done is publish several hundred corrupt English Bibles to confuse everyone. That satanic plot has been very effective, but still, a man who truly desires THE TRUTH will plainly discern that only the King James Bible is God's inspired Word!!!
- IT'S POWER - No book ever written has had such a bold impact upon civilization as the Scripture. Men, who were hopelessly lost in sin and shame, have found new life in Christ and God completely turned their life around. Countless men who were drunks, drug-addicts, perverts and convicted criminals have become faithful preachers, honest men, responsible family men, by the inspired Word of God. THE BOOK is quick (alive) and powerful (Hebrews 4:12).
- IT'S HISTORY - The holy Bible has never been proven wrong historically. The Bible can be lined up parallel to mankind's 6,000 year history, and studied, accurately. No book ever written can make this incredible claim.
I've given you seven reasons why you ought to accept the holy Bible as God's inspired Word. There are countless more! My friend, you will be the only loser if you reject THE TRUTH! The holy Bible was authored by your Creator. THE BOOK is our instruction manual. If you don't believe that, then you will go burn in Hell forever. Say what you will, that's just the way it really is.
Man cannot destroy the Bible...
“We might as well put our shoulder to the burning wheel of the sun, and try to stop it on its flaming course, as attempt to stop the circulation of the Bible.” —SOURCE: Sidney Collett, All About the Bible, p. 63.
“The Bible is a book which has been refuted, demolished, overthrown, and exploded more times than any other book you ever heard of . . . But the Word of God 'liveth and abideth forever'.” —SOURCE: Horace L. Hastings, Will the Old Book Stand (The Inspiration of the Bible), p. 5; written in 1890.
“Again, I conclude that this book has in it the very breath of God, from the effect it produces upon men. There are men who study philosophy, astronomy, geology, geography, and mathematics; but did you ever hear a man say, 'I was an outcast, a wretched inebriate, a disgrace to my race, and a nuisance in the world, until I began to study mathematics, and learned the multiplication table, and then turned my attention to geology, got me a hammer, and knocked off the corners of the rocks and studied the formation of the earth, and since that time I have been happy as the day is long; I feel like singing all the time; my soul is full of triumph and peace; and health and blessing have come to my desolate home once more?' Did you ever hear a man ascribe his redemption and salvation from intemperance and sin and vice to the multiplication table, or the science of mathematics of geology? But I can bring you, not one man, or two, or ten, but men by the thousands who will tell you, 'I was wretched; I was lost; I broke my poor old mother's heart; I beggared my family; my wife was heart-stricken and dejected; my children fled from the sound of their father's footsteps; I was ruined, reckless, helpless, homeless, hopeless, until I heard the words of that Book!'” —SOURCE: Horace L. Hastings, “Will the Old Book Stand?” (The Inspiration of the Bible), p. 19; written in 1890.
“Men have died on the gallows for reading it, and have been burned at the stake for owning it. Tortures too fiendish to describe have been visited upon delicate women and tender children for looking on its pages. Yet in spite of the strongest forces that Hell could unleash and in the face of the animosity of tyrants and despots, there are more Bibles in the earth today than there are copies of any other book ever written by the hand of man!” —SOURCE: Harry Rimmer, All About the Bible, p. 15.
I love you in Christ my friend, whoever you may be. Please don't miss out on all the wonderful blessings that God has for you as His child. I have eternal life by faith in Christ Jesus, “the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God” (1st Timothy 1:17b). You can have that assurance too, if you'll BELIEVE THE GOSPEL OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST. END
—Dr. Jack Hyles (a great quote from the classic sermon, “
Psalms 116:15, “Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.”
“The only inspired Words of God
are in the King James Bible!”
—Dr. Jack Hyles (an awesome quote —Dr. Jack Hyles (THE REAL BATTLE!”)
BATTLE OF THE AGES (MP3 by Dr. Hyles, “The King James Bible crowd is going to come out on top!”)
Ye Must Be Born Again! | You Need HIS Righteousness! | Believe The Gospel