Mormonism Verses The Gospel
by David J. Stewart | January 2017
2nd Corinthians 11:3-4, “But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.”
The religious cult of Mormonism was started in 1830 by an ungodly man named Joseph Smith. Wikipedia reads:
Joseph Smith (1805–1844), the founder of the Latter Day Saint movement, taught and practiced polygamy during his ministry, and married multiple women during his lifetime. During his lifetime, Smith and the leading quorums of his church publicly denied he taught or practiced it. 
Just as Mormons denied the truth about Joseph Smith's polygamy during his lifetime, so also do Mormons today deny the truth about the Gospel. Kindly, here is the heresy that the Church of the Latter Day Saints (Mormons) teach about being “born-again.” I will show you in a moment what the Holy Bible says, which is drastically different, but first here is the unbiblical teaching of LDS...
Being Born Again. The principle of spiritual rebirth appears frequently in the scriptures. The New Testament contains Jesus's teaching that everyone must be “born again” and that those who are not “born of water and of the Spirit … cannot enter into the kingdom of God” (John 3:5). This teaching is affirmed in the Book of Mormon: “All mankind, yea, men and women, all nations, kindreds, tongues and people, must be born again; yea, born of God, changed from their carnal and fallen state, to a state of righteousness, being redeemed of God, becoming his sons and daughters; and thus they become new creatures; and unless they do this, they can in nowise inherit the kingdom of God” (Mosiah 27:25-26).
This rebirth occurs as individuals are baptized and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. It comes as a result of a willingness “to enter into a covenant with our God to do his will, and to be obedient to his commandments in all things that he shall command us, all the remainder of our days” (Mosiah 5:5). Through this process, their “hearts are changed through faith on his name; therefore, [they] are born of him” (Mosiah 5:7). All who have truly repented, been baptized, have received the gift of the Holy Ghost, have made the covenant to take upon themselves the name of Jesus Christ, and have felt His influence in their lives, can say that they have been born again. That rebirth can be renewed each Sabbath when they partake of the sacrament. [emphasis added]
Let's make a list of unbiblical Mormon requirements to be saved:
- Get water baptized.
- Do God's will.
- Be obedient to His commandments, in all things, all the remainder of our days.
- Repent (turn from sins).
- Make a covenant to take the name of Jesus.
- Feel Christ's influence in your life.
- Renew that birth each Sabbath by partaking of the sacrament.
Please notice that the Mormon plan of salvation makes no mention at all of the cross upon which Christ DIED. There is no mention of Christ being BURIED. There is no mention of the Lord's RESURRECTION three days later. How tragic and sad! Oh, my friend, please don't be tricked by the Devil. Mormonism will send you to Hell!!!
The Gospel According to the Holy Scriptures
In sharp contrast to what Mormonism teaches, the inspired Word of God teaches something VERY different, and MUCH more simple.
The word “GOSPEL” means “GOOD NEWS” or “GLAD TIDINGS.” There is no need to guess what “the Gospel” is because the Holy Bible plainly tells us. The “Gospel” is the Good News of Christ's DEATH on the cross for our sins, His BURIAL and bodily RESURRECTION three days later:
1st Corinthians 15:1-4, “Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures.”
It doesn't get any plainer that that!!! You've just read the Good News which you must BELIEVE to receive the gift of God, which is eternal life. We are saved by BELIEVING (i.e., trusting, relying upon) “the Gospel,” which is the power of God unto salvation... “TO EVERY ONE THAT BELIEVETH.” Romans 1:16, “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.”
John 6:28-29, “Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.” It is that “simple” to be saved. If you admit that you are a needy sinner in God's sight, and you receive Christ's sacrifice on the cross as payment for your sins, believing (trusting) that He was buried and bodily resurrected three days later, YOU ARE IMMEDIATELY, SECURELY AND FOREVER SAVED!!!
The Manmade 'Book of Mormon' Verses the God-Breathed 'King James Bible'
Mosiah is a portion of the Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon is not inspired by God, it is not the Holy Bible. According to Joseph Smith, the Book of Mormon is more correct than the Holy Bible (History of the Church, vol. 4, p. 461) and contains the truths of Mormonism. There is not a single book in history that can compare to God's Word. The Book of Mormon was authored by a man, not God. The 66 books of the King James Bible were penned by men, but authored by God Himself. 2nd Timothy 3:16, “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.” Only the King James Bible is inspired and trustworthy in our English language.
If you've read the King James Bible all your life, and then read the religious Book of Mormon, it is obvious that it's not inspired of God. You can't cross-reference the Book of Mormon with the Holy Bible, because it is not authored by God. Unlike the 66 books of the Bible which all harmonize, the Book of Mormon just doesn't fit. The great irony of this situation is that Mormons have officially used the King James Bible since the 1950's with the leadership of J. Reuben Clark, then a member of the LDS Church's governing First Presidency.  It is ironic because Mormon teachings are totally alien to what the King James Bible teaches.
There is something very shady about Mormons, who officially claim to use the King James Bible, while all of their core doctrines are 100% contrary to the King James Bible. It is obvious to me that Mormons merely exploit the King James Bible as a cover for their satanic false religion. I am as narrow-minded as the King James Bible. Mormons cannot make that claim. The corrupt plan of salvation that I quoted to you earlier from LDS own website evidences that they do not truly believe the King James Bible!!!
God only wrote one book... THE BOOK!!! If you are undecided about Mormonism and don't know what to do, I suggest that you compare the teachings of Mormonism to the King James Bible (which Mormons claim to adhere to), and see if they match up! THEY DON'T... NOT EVEN IN THE SAME BALLPARK!!! This should clearly evidence to you how dishonest Mormonism really is. Religion wants to fit us with glasses, but the Lord wants to open our eyes. Amen! That's why God gave us His precious Word.
Beware of False Prophets, Who Are Ravening Dangerous Wolves
The Lord warned in Matthew 7:13-15 “Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.” The Lord warned that the way unto life is narrow, and “FEW THERE BE THAT FIND IT.” It is no coincidence that Jesus followed this warning in verse 14, with another warning in verse 15 about “FALSE PROPHETS” (wolves who come to us in sheep's clothing). It is so simple to be saved! So simple that false prophets can easily trick us, by perverting the Gospel. Galatians 1:6-7, “I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.”
False prophet, Ravi Zacharias, serenaded Mormons in 2004, and then again in 2014, bidding them God speed. THAT IS WICKED, AND I MEAN AS IN EVIL! The crowd of thousands of Mormons in 2014 even gave Dr. Zacharias a standing ovation. No doubt because he coddled them for over an hour, instead of telling them the truth in love (as I am) that Mormonism is a false religion, and unless Mormons repent of their false beliefs and instead BELIEVE THE GOSPEL, they'll burn in Hell forever. I get sick when I read about Mormons who die, knowing that they are not saved. They've been tricked by Satan, lied to concerning how to get to Heaven. Instead of believing the King James Bible (which they officially use), they follow the bizarre teachings of Mormonism that 100% contradict the Word of God. That's how you know that Mormonism is a satanic false religion, that is, they claim to believe the King James Bible, BUT THEN ELEVATE MORMON DOCTRINES OVER THE HOLY BIBLE. Study Mormonism and you will see quickly, that none of their beliefs coincide with the Holy Scriptures. Why would Mormons use the King James Bible, but then not obey it? The only logical answer is that Mormonism is a deception. By exploiting the King James Bible they gain people's trust, like the cheese in a mousetrap.
I am not giving you my OPINION friend, I am giving you the WORD OF GOD!!! I have provided Scripture references which plainly define “the Gospel,” by which you are saved IF YOU BELIEVE!!! What I quoted to you earlier from LDS is of the Devil. I do not say that to be mean or unkind, God knows my heart; but rather, for your sake, the reader, so that you will see THE TRUTH and come to Jesus Christ to be saved. John 6:40, “And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.” Mormons idly talk about “faith” to be born-again—while also requiring water baptism, obeying all God's commandments, turning away from sinful behavior, and partaking of a weekly sacrament—WHICH ARE ALL SELF-RIGHTEOUS WORKS!!! Romans 4:5, “But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.”
Refuting the Mormon Teaching of the Sacrament
The Holy Bible teaches that there are two ORDINANCES in the New Testament Church: 1) water baptism, which is the believer's profession of faith in the Gospel; 2) the Lord's Supper, which is done periodically to “remember” the Lord's broken body and shed blood, which were sacrificed to pay for our sins, so we could be saved.
The term “sacrament” is not a Biblical word. I never use the word “sacrament,” because Protestant churches teach that a special grace (power) is bestowed upon the recipient of such sacraments, which is totally unbiblical. When you get baptized, you are getting wet. That's all. When you eat the Lord's Supper, you are simply remembering Christ's sacrifice on Calvary's cross. The bread and juice have no special power. They do not turn into something special in our body. There is no special grace bestowed from God. Beware of the teaching of “sacraments.”
Mormons teach what the Bible calls “strange doctrines.” Hebrews 13:9, “Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.” It doesn't get much stranger than what I am about to quote to you from the LDS website...
On the night before His Crucifixion, Jesus Christ met with His Apostles and instituted the sacrament (see Luke 22:19–20). After His Resurrection, He instituted the sacrament among the Nephites (see 3 Nephi 18:1–11). Today the sacrament is an ordinance in which Church members partake of bread and water in remembrance of Jesus Christ's atoning sacrifice. This ordinance is an essential part of worship and spiritual development. Through this ordinance, Church members renew the covenants they made with God when they were baptized.
...Partaking of the sacrament is a witness to God that the remembrance of His Son will extend beyond the short time of that sacred ordinance. Part of this ordinance is a promise to remember Him always and a witness of individual willingness to take upon oneself the name of Jesus Christ and to keep His commandments. In partaking of the sacrament and making these commitments, Church members renew the covenant they made at baptism (see Mosiah 18:8-10; D&C 20:37).
In return, the Lord renews the promised remission of sin and enables Church members to “always have his Spirit to be with them”
What you just read is truth mixed with utter heresy. It is true that we are remembering Christ's sacrifice. However, the Lord's Supper IS NOT a time of renewing our covenant made with God when we were water baptized. I have several doctrinal points of refutation I'd like to make at this point, to set the record straight:
- Water baptism is not required to be saved. The apostle John tells us how to “KNOW” (1st John 5:13) that we are saved in the Epistle of 1st John, but he not once mentions baptism. If you add water baptism “just in case” to your faith, you are not born-again. You will go to Hell someday. As I have taught you from the Scriptures in 1st Corinthians 15:1-4, the Gospel never mentions water baptism as a requirement to be saved. Baptism is simply an outward snapshot of what has inwardly happened in our heart, that is, we have BELIEVED the Gospel.
- We are saved by BELIEVING, not by getting water baptized. The Scriptures tell us that forgiveness of sins and eternal life are the “gift” of God. Romans 6:23, “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” (Also, see: Romans 5:15; Ephesians 2:8-9.) A gift (if it is truly a “gift”) may only be freely received, without any obligation. Salvation is received, not achieved. God will not save anyone who is trying to be saved, He will only save those who are trusting to be saved. Salvation is not doing your best, it is having Christ's best put to your account through receiving Him by faith. The New Testament is God's covenant with those who BELIEVE, but we are not obligated to do all the things which Mormons require (i.e., getting water baptized, keeping all God's commandments, obeying God's will, partaking of regular communion, turning away from sinful behavior, et cetera). SALVATION IS A FREE GIFT... FREELY OFFERED AND FREELY RECEIVED!
- We are not saved by entering into a renewable covenant with God. The Old Covenant (or Old Testament) was basically that if a man could keep the Ten Commandment perfectly, he could go to Heaven. Obviously, no man has ever done that, except Jesus Christ, Who never sinned, which is why He could become our precious Savior. So the Old Covenant was not perfect, and a new one was needed. The purpose of God's Law is to show men their sinnership and desperate need for the Savior (Romans 3:19; Galatians 3:24-26). People in the Old Testament were saved by placing their faith in the coming Messiah, whose blood was pictured each year when the Jewish highpriest made atonement (using animal blood) to temporarily cover for the sins of the people. When Jesus died on the cross, the New Covenant went into affect. The New Covenant (or New Testament) is simply God's PROMISE to all mankind, “that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life” (John 3:16). If we BELIEVE, God immediately saves us, and forevermore. That is the agreement. Jesus is our High Priest today (Hebrews 4:14-16). The New Covenant is in affect, freely available to all humanity—simply by placing one's faith in the slain Lamb of God on the cross, who has risen as our heavenly High Priest. The Mormon mindset is all wrong! Mormons teach that receiving eternal life is an ongoing process—which requires water baptism, continued obedience to all God's commandments, departure from sinful activities, and renewing one's covenant regularly by partaking of the Lord's Supper (which they errantly call a sacrament); but the Bible teaches that eternal life is a gift, that once we receive it, we can never lose it, nor do we have to renew it. Salvation is a new birth—instant, miraculous, free, spiritual, irreversible, undoable—wrought by the Holy Spirit of God (John 1:12-13). ETERNAL LIFE IS A GIFT FROM GOD, PAID FOR BY JESUS' PRECIOUS BLOOD!!!
- Once a person is born-again, the Holy Spirit NEVER leaves us; Or, Once Saved, Always Saved. Hebrews 13:5, “Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.” Once saved, always saved!!! Check and you will discover, that ALL of the psuedo-Christian cults and false prophets (i.e., Jehovah's Witnesses, Seventh-day Adventists, Ray Comfort, Church of Christ, Mormons, et cetera) teach that salvation can be lost!!! In sharp contrast, the truly born-again believers knows that he or or she, can NEVER lose what was not theirs to give in the first place. Salvation is of the Lord (Jonah 2:9). A Christian cannot lose by doing bad works, what they did not obtain by doing good works!!! Eternal life is a gift from God. A gift is simply received. Salvation is a TAKE proposition, not a GIVE proposition. It is the gift of God. Praise God for the gift of His dear only begotten Son, Jesus, the Christ (John 20:31)!!! The mindset of the true believer is that eternal salvation can never be lost, once you have it, regardless of everything else.
- The new birth begins at the moment of faith in the Good News of the Lord Jesus Christ. God can read you mind. God saves YOU the very moment that He sees you've decided to TRUST Jesus Christ—Who died on the cross to pay for your sins, and that you believe Jesus was buried, and then He physically raised up after three days of being dead! The new birth does NOT begin at water baptism as Mormons foolishly teach. By the way, that is the heresy that Roman Catholics also teach, that is, that water baptism is the door into the church, which they claim is built upon Peter. Catholics are totally wrong! Jesus Christ is the only Rock (foundation) upon which the Church is built (1st Corinthians 3:11). In the Bible, water baptism ALWAYS followed believing (i.e., salvation). The thief on the cross went to Heaven without being water baptized. Unless you foolishly believe in two Gospels, you must conclude that water baptism is NOT necessary for salvation.
- Being “born-again” is a new birth by the Holy Spirit of God, not an agreement to wear the name of Jesus (which is discipleship, not sonship). John 12:42, “Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue.” As you just clearly read, MANY of the chief rulers “BELIEVED ON HIM” [Jesus], but “THEY DID NOT CONFESS HIM.” They didn't want to take on the name of Jesus, because they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God (John 12:43). Nothing is required to become a born-again Christian, except to admit that you are a guilty sinner in God's sight, and BELIEVE the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. It's that easy, free and simple!
Simply BELIEVE the Gospel to Be Born-Again!
Satan's greatest weapon is to con people into living the Christian life without ever being born-again! Adding even the slightest human effort will cancel one's faith; such as, sacraments (water baptism, communion), prayer or good works. Either Jesus does ALL the saving, or else you don't get saved!!! You must trust Jesus Christ, and Him alone, believing that He died on the cross for your sins, and was buried, and physically resurrected three days later. Christ is risen, and He is able and willing to save them that BELIEVE. Religion wants to fit us with glasses, but the Lord wants to open our eyes! 1st Corinthians 1:21, “For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.” Did you read those precious words? ...TO SAVE THEM THAT BELIEVE!!!
Believing on Jesus for salvation means trusting Him wholly, entirely, placing our life and our eternity into His dear hands. Salvation is not doing our best, it is having Christ's best put to our account through receiving Him by faith. Believing on Jesus for salvation means resting completely on Him, apart from all else. We are saved by BELIEVING the Gospel. Nothing less will bring about the new birth—and if any person hopes to enter into Heaven someday, they absolutely MUST be born-again. God will not save anyone who is trying to be saved, He will only save those who are trusting to be saved. A sinner is born anew of the Holy Spirit, by faith in the seed of the Word of God (i.e., the Gospel).
It's that simple my friend. That is why the Gospel is called, “THE SIMPLICITY THAT IS IN CHRIST.”
John 6:47, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.”
Who are you going to follow my friend, the Word of God or the words of Joseph Smith? THE END
—Dr. Jack Hyles (a great quote from the classic sermon, “
Psalms 116:15, “Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.”
“The only inspired Words of God
are in the King James Bible!”
—Dr. Jack Hyles (an awesome quote —Dr. Jack Hyles (THE REAL BATTLE!”)
“And brother, any time anybody ever casts any reflection upon the accuracy and the inspiration—verbal inspiration—of this Bible, I'll guarantee you he was inspired by the demons. I'll guarantee you! I don't care if he's got a 'reverend' in front of his name. I don't care if he has a clerical collar on. I don't care what school he's been to. He's of the Devil if he says that the Bible is not verbally inspired by God!” —Dr. Jack Hyles, a great quote from the awesome MP3 sermon titled, “Satan's masterpiece.”
BATTLE OF THE AGES (MP3 by Dr. Hyles, “The King James Bible crowd is going to come out on top!”)